Student Class Placement
1. Class placement is at the sole discretion of the instructors.
2. Please note that different levels and styles have different dress codes.
Questions can be asked anytime to office staff.
*Emails: Instructors can be contacted via email. Please do not try to catch an instructor between classes. Class schedules are very tight and our instructors would like to give your questions and concerns the proper attention.
*Phone Calls: You may leave a message for a teacher at the studio. Do not call any staff member at home. Due to varied work schedules, emails are best.
Disruptive Behavior: Disruptive behavior in class will not be tolerated. If this occurs repeatedly, the parent will be contacted. If it continues, the student will be dismissed from class that day.
*Opening Class Doors: Please respect our instructors. All classes are closed session. Do not open the door during class time. When classes are over, the instructor will open the door for the next class to enter.
*Parent Observation: There is one scheduled parent observation week listed on the calendar and one parent participation week, where parents are asked to join in class with us for fun and bonding!
Label: Please label all shoes, dance wear, dance bags, coats, etc... with the students first and last name. Many items get left behind. If the item left behind is properly labeled, the studio will attempt to contact the parent.
Lost & Found: The lost and found is located in the student break area.
Class changes: Class schedule is subject to change.
Withdrawals: A student wishing to drop all classes is considered to be withdrawing from the studio. Parents are required to give a 30-day notice and are responsible for 30 days tuition. Being absent continually from class does not constitute a withdrawal; notice must be given.
Lobby and Parking Lot Rule
1. No Horseplay: Parents are asked to keep students and waiting siblings from aggressive horseplay in the waiting areas or you will be asked to leave.
2. No Acrobatics: Students should not performing any gymnastics in the halls or waiting areas.
3. No Food: No drinks, sodas, gum, or food of any kind in the lobby or dance rooms by students, parents, siblings, or friends. Only water bottles are allowed.
4. No Pets: No animals allowed excluding service animals.
5. Student Drop Off: Students should not be dropped off earlier than 10 minutes prior to class or stay longer than 5 minutes afterwards They must remain inside until their ride arrives.
6. Parking Lot: No student of any age should hang out in the parking lot without a parent present.
7. Front Door: Unattended students are not allowed to leave front door into parking lot. Parents must come in to retrieve child after class.
8. Leaving the Studio: No student is to leave the studio without a parent's permission.
9. Time Between Classes: Young students should not be left unattended between classes.
10: Courteous: Please be courteous to fellow parents. Our waiting areas can become crowded and a little common courtesy can go a long way. Our waiting area is to be used for student's parents who have less than an hour wait. Siblings who have back to back classes do not need to be in the lobby while waiting on their sibling.
11. Smoking: Do not smoke in front of The Dance Shop. It is distracting and discourteous to the dancers.
12. Our waiting area is to be quiet at all times. If noise level gets too high you will be asked to step outside to finish your conversation.
Absenteeism & Inclement of Weather
Parents are advised to keep their students at home for the following conditions:
Pain- any complaints of unexplained or undiagnosed pain.
Runny nose (green mucus indicates infection), watery eyes, coughing, sore throat, or productive cough. Difficulty in breathing- wheezing or a persistent cough.
Fever (100F/38.3C or more)
Infected skin or eyes or an undiagnosed rash. Severe itching of body and scalp.
Unexplained diarrhea or loose stool combined with nausea, vomiting, or abdominal cramps. These may indicated a bacterial or viral infection that is easily passed from one child to another.
Nausea and vomiting.
Children with known or suspected communicable diseases or lice.
If a student will be missing 2 or more consecutive weeks of class, please contact the studio office. The office staff will relay the information to the instructors.
Inclement Weather: Please check Facebook or Studio PRO account for email update. Information will be given there. If a day is missed contact the office for a make up class.
Costume deposit and balance due dates are listed on the yearly calendar. Any late costume payments will incur a $5 late fee per week up to $20. If costumes are not paid for by the time we order them, they will not be ordered. We must be prompt with ordering to ensure arrival in time for recital pictures and show.
1. The lobby is very crowded the first few weeks of classes. This will settle down after the first few weeks.
2. There is a lot of movement between classrooms as dancers are trying to get settled in the new schedule of the year. Please be patient. Classes often have to change at the same time.
3. Like school, the first few weeks of class are review, and getting everyone comfortable with new classes and new teachers. This helps to make the students comfortable and the teachers can see if they are in the correct class. If a class change needs to be made, we will do so when appropriate. Kinderdance classes will need to have their tap shoes on each week when entering class. Please put your ballet shoes in a dance bag that they will bring in with them. Put your child's name in the shoes and on the bag. The teachers will help dancers change shoes in the middle of the class. If dancers have been placed into classes that are not correct for them- Don't worry- we will find a more suitable class!
Parents, it is best to get your dancer in class on-time, ready to dance. Tardiness is disrespectful to your dancer and the others.
The youngest dancers will often have tears of anxiety the first few weeks. This is normal. The teachers are trained to get children "on task" quickly. The best way to ensure success is to assure them they are going to have fun, and then leave them. They will be cared for with the greatest consideration. Please have all dancers use the bathroom before class. Teachers will gladly take them if they do need to go during class, but this can be a disruption. Students age 5 and up will be expected to make it through a full class. If an accident happens, staff will make sure the child is comfortable and cleaned. You do not have to stay in the studio while your child has a class unless your student is potting training or in diapers. However, you must be here to pick your child up on time. If you are running late, please call the studio so that we can get them to the office to wait for you.
Always stop by the desk if you have questions or concerns.
**** Every staff member wants your experience here to be positive and rewarding.